Monday, April 4, 2016

I'm still trying to catch up on the news!

Sometimes I post on the "chaparrallbb.blogspot.com" blog, and sometimes I post here.
I just want to give a shout out to the musicians and special friends who have come out to the Chaparral Retreat, just north of the town of Watonga and one mile from Roman Nose State Park, and supported my passion and pet project, the Phoenix Circle Foundation [in no particular order (but remember these names!!)]
Merry  Ellen Kirk
Gentry Counce
Vernon Brickman
Katie Ballew-Lyle
Nathan Brown (former Oklahoma poet laureate)
Caroline Cotter
Stephen Hunley (and his lovely wife Elizabeth)
Brian Pounds

The Oven (wood-fired pizza dinners) is now open, and the next scheduled dinner is for April 16.
On May 1, the singing duo Katie Ballew and Kelly will give a House Concert, and My Politic is scheduled to play on May 16. 

We are working on the plans for a community garden, the Scissortail Arts Day festival, and looking forward to the upcoming Roman Nose Hills Trail Ride.  It's a busy time of year!!
/Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment