Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Attorney General investigation

I am completing the form to request an investigation by the Oklahoma Attorney General into some of the City Clerk and Mayor's practices in the past.  Here are some of the City Clerk and Mayor’s violations of state law: 

I was specifically prohibited from attending City Council committee meetings, in violation of the state Open Meetings laws.  When I was first hired, I attended a police committee meeting.  The next day Harriette Nitzel told me she had received several calls from city councilmen asking why I was there, and they were unhappy about it.  According to her, “they” felt like they couldn’t “do the city’s business” if anyone outside of City councilmen were at the meeting.   Ms. Nitzel told me not to attend any committee meetings as long as I was employed by the City.  She said she would hate to “have to let [me] go” because Iattended committee meetings, and that it just wasn’t “worth it” unless I didn’t value my job. 
Harriette Nitzel violated medical privacy laws by sharing my medical information with a person outside of the City.  I have the recorded conversation, so on this issue she cannot cover it up or deny it.   
Harriette Nitzel made a personal loan to a City employee without authorization from City Council.  I have a copy of the documentation on this.
Harriette discriminated against citizens in renting City properties.  She told me to make a list of people she didn't want to rent to, and I have a copy of that list. 
These violations of law may seen insignificant if they didn't affect you personally, but they are indicative of Harriette's abuse of power, and these are only a few examples.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment