Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Police Dept. asks business to support "Fight Drug Abuse" program

According to a rep from L.A.W. Publications, publishers of the "Let's All Work to Fight Drug Abuse" program, Chief J.R. Massey of the Watonga Police Department says the City has no funds to sponsor the anti-drug program, which is a booklet distributed by L.A.W. Publications to cities and businesses that will sponsor the publication via an advertisement in the annual magazine.  The sponsorship "sales pitch" it accompanied by a letter signed by Chief Massey supporting the publication as a resource to assist the Police Department in their "ongoing crime prevention, safety education and substance abuse programs."  I asked the sales rep where the magazines were distributed, as I had not seen one during my time working at the City and at The Spot, or in connection with school programs.  I hadn't seen the publication at DHS offices or at Red Rock Behavioral center, which are all places where a resource like this is likely to be distributed. However the anti-drug message is being distributed, I support it and hope local businesses who do pay for a sponsorship and ad will insist that it gets out to the public this year.  It is unfortunate that the City of Watonga and the Police Department won't put "money where their mouth is" and support a valuable anti-drug resource such as this program.

3 comments:

  1. I couldn't go to the last city council meeting did an officer talk bad about another officer calling him a gyspy? It was said it was in the paper but I can not locate the paper in which it was in. if you could help me out I would be so thankful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't go to the last city council meeting etiher; I don't know anything about a gypsy comment. I'll read last week's newspaper today and post a comment here.

      I do wish more people would go to the city council meetings. The newspaper doesn't report everything that's said and certainly not the context! Thanks for your comment.

      Delete
  2. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting? I'm pleased I discovered it though, ill be checking back soon to find out what additional posts you include. Rehab reviews

    ReplyDelete